I love reading about what others favorite things are, it's like a sneak peak into their diary but with permission! Here are some of my recent favorites. All is well here in Waco, today was such a gorgeous day outside, windows were rolled down and coffee was enjoyed on a porch swing!
1. TK100 North Face Fleece-1/2 zip pullover, I take it everywhere I go. Its great for chilly restaurants, theaters or just to lounge in at the house. Its 55$, one of the best investments I've made. With each wash, it gets softer and softer. Made in Philippines-for J'lyn
2. Bag Balm- I read about this product in a fashion magazine and Jessica Alba just couldn't live without it, and if she can't....neither can I. It can be found at your local drug emporium for roughly 6$. A little goes a LONG WAY. I use it on my lips, cuticles, feet and elbows. The smell is ok, but the moisturizing that occurs definitely outweighs the medicinal odor. Made in New Hampshire
3. Smart wool socks- talk about cozy, you'll never go back to cotton again. These socks not only give your dogs a nice gentle but firm hug all day long, but are super cute as well. They range from 14$-28$ depending on style. I know that sounds pricey but, well worth it! I'm pretty sure they are made down under
4. Camellia flower- never heard of this flower before reading a MUST READ,
The Elegance of the Hedgehog. It plays a small role in the book and I googled what this flower looked like and fell in love with its beauty. I might have to go to Lowes and see if they carry them, or at least the seeds.
5. Apron skirt from Old Navy in the color of "flax". There are an assortment of colors, but this one is most natural and pretty much matches everything! I wore it today actually with a baby blue shirt from American Apparel and a beige cardigan from The Gap with sanuks. I felt very comfortable and cute! Retails for $24.50 but will probably go on sale soon!
6. etsy.com- a great place to shop for unique, one of a kind hand made items. Lots of items from jewelry, photography, hair accessories (my favorite place to go), and more! Take a few minutes to explore and support the little guys!
7. The Elegance of the Hedgehog- I mentioned it above, one of the best books I have read in a long time. Its a fast read and guaranteed an assortment of emotions. It costs 14$ at Target or your local bookstore. I promise you'll love it!
8. Americano- On the mornings that I go to Starbucks before work for a special treat I always get the Americano. A venti Americano to be exact. For those who don't know what this is, its only espresso and water, that is it. Simple, raw, and delicious. No cream, no sugar just pure bliss. This drink takes control of so many senses...from the feel of the warm liquid hitting my mouth and my hands around the warm cup, to the taste of smooth, rich coffee and the smell of heaven. I dare you to try one!