Monday, March 29, 2010

To be better

Lately I have been thinking of ways to do better for myself, Sloan, Kevin, etc...
Its easy to get so wrapped in the day to day living, ignoring that little voice or neglecting your inner self. I am a huge believer in that if you take care of yourself, the changes and good things will trickle down to other aspects of your life and in turn make those things, the important things in your life (Sloan, Kevin, Family, work) better! However, I've really never applied it to my life. Why? oh who knows.... I've noticed that I have a hard time doing for myself without this weight of guilt or asking myself "do I deserve this"? I am working hard to retrain my mind, my inner self to just say "YES, you do"! Not to excess of course, but to the little things that don't even cost money, more like time. For example, I went to yoga this morning then for a wonderful run in the sun, nice cool breeze. To many, this might seem like a no-brainer but for me, it's an exercise for the soul. Not only to better me physically but mentally, emotionally.

So, how am I challenging myself to do better? I have a little helper, she is meeting with me (so far) once a month, but with weekly "check ins" and helping me come up with a work out plan, how to incorporate creative workout sessions with my work / life schedule and motivates me to meet my goals. Small steps of course. Its not all about the physical workouts, but also (for example) dressing outside my "box". For those who know me well, and see me on a regular basis, you are familiar with my wardrobe. Grey! I love it, its cozy, and very practical. It matches everything! In very small steps I am trying to add perhaps jewelry, embellishments....I got a very cute top at Kohl's this weekend that I wore out on a date with Kevin. It was grey, HOWEVER it did have some embellishments. Picture somewhere on here. I wore it with some dark jeans and some Vera Wang ballet flats. I even wore some makeup....look out world, here I come. I must admit, I did feel very pretty and we had fun just spending time with each other.

I will continue to share some of my journey...some parts are harder than others, but I am willing and able to take on the challenge to change, after all, it is for the better!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you. It IS the little things in life.

Live the simple life. It's not the big things that satisfy you or bring you the most satisfaction. It's the small things, the things of the heart.

live the life you love,
love you!